Before you begin to use this service, you will need to complete the membership registration. Please carefully read the terms and conditions of the membership agreement for the Sylvanian Families Fan Club below before registering as a member. Upon the completion of the membership registration, you agree to be bound by the membership agreement.
This is a paid for fan club and the provision to you of the Service is subject to our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods which can be found here.
<Terms and Conditions of Sylvanian Family Fan Club>
The terms and conditions of the membership agreement (hereinafter “this Agreement”) for the Sylvanian Families Fan Club (hereinafter “the Club”) implemented and operated by Epoch-Making Toys Limited (hereinafter “the Company”, further details of which are included at Article 19 of this Agreement) are stipulated as follows:
Article 1 (Definitions)
- “Member” means an individual anywhere in the world who has agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and is registered as a member of the Club upon the completion of the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- The “Service” means the overall service provided to Members of the Club, including Sylvanian Families product information, membership benefits, use of content and game playing.
- “Membership Information” means personal information disclosed to the Company by a Member and the history of transactions, etc. undertaken by a Member.
Article 2 (This Agreement)
This Agreement is applicable to and binding on all Members during the membership registration process and after the completion of registration and by completing the same you agree to pay the fee for membership set out below.
Article 3 (Use of the Service)
A Member’s use of the Service is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Article 4 (Membership Registration)
- Membership qualification / approval
An individual who has agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and submitted the prescribed application for membership shall qualify for membership upon the completion of the prescribed registration process. Any person wishing to become a Member shall follow the registration process. It is not permitted for the registration process to be undertaken by an agent.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to become a Member. If you are under the age of 18 you may become a Member with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
- By accepting the terms of this Agreement and registering as a Member, you represent and warrant that you are either: (i) at least 18 years of age; or (ii) that as parent or guardian you agree to this Agreement and authorise your child who is under 18 years of age to use this site, subject to your responsibility for their conduct in accordance with these terms and conditions of membership of the Club.
- Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important to us and whilst we provide access to all areas of our site to children who are aged under 18 years of age, we reserve the right to terminate a membership of the Club if we reasonably believe a membership application is being submitted by a user aged under 18 years of age. However, whilst we use our reasonable efforts to prevent membership applications from users who are younger than 18 years of age, we are not responsible for users who do not comply with these strict provisions of this Agreement and/or provide false information about their age when registering an account. A person may be prevented from registering as a Member if he or she has had a membership cancelled in the past or if the Company determines that he or she is not eligible for membership.
- Entering membership information
You agree to provide the Company with true, complete, accurate and up-to-date information when completing the registration process. If you provide us with any information which is not truthful, complete, accurate or up-to-date (or we have grounds to suspect such information is not truthful, complete, accurate or up-to-date), we may suspend or terminate your account. When you follow the procedures for membership registration, please read the matters requiring attention when completing the prescribed form and enter the necessary information in the input form correctly.
- Membership Limitations
Membership is limited to one per person. If we determine or suspect, in our sole discretion, that one person has joined (or attempted to join) more than once, or if we receive multiple membership applications from a single and/or cluster of e-mail addresses verified to single user, we reserve the right to cancel all applicable memberships.
- Username and password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us at email@example.com or call 0843 557 4062 any known or suspected unauthorized use of your membership account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of your username or password. The Company will not be responsible for any loss whatsoever arising from the misappropriation of your password by a third party.
(Note: Calls cost up to 7 pence a minute plus your phone company’s access charge.)
- Refusal by the Company
The Company in its sole discretion may refuse to permit any person to become a Member.
- Without limitation to the foregoing we will have the right to check your credit prior to you becoming a Member
- Payment Terms
The payment terms set out in our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods apply to your purchase of membership of the Club. Please consider these carefully before agreeing to them. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods, the latter shall prevail.
- Membership Fee
The fee for membership of the Club shall be payable annually in advance and shall be:
£9.99 (nine pounds and ninety nine pence)
Europe (Incl. Republic of Ireland)
£15 (fifteen pounds)
Rest of the World
£20 (twenty pounds)
All fees must be paid in pounds sterling (£).
Article 5 (Facilities and Equipment)
A Member shall be solely responsible for and bear all expenses related to making preparations to use the Service, including hardware and software and the conclusion of the agreements necessary for establishing Internet connectivity so that the Member can use the Service.
The Company accepts no liability whatsoever if the Member’s ability to use the Services is prevented or delayed by factors outside of the control of the Company.
Article 6 (Change of Membership Information)
- If there is any change in the registered membership information, including the name and address, the Member shall promptly register the change with the Company.
- The Company shall not be liable in any way for any damage arising out of a Member’s failure to register any change of membership information. Even if a Member has completed the registration of the change of membership information, a transaction for which the relevant procedures were already completed before such registration shall be executed in accordance with the previously registered information before any change is registered.
Article 7 (Membership Duration)
- Membership of the Club commences on the day you complete the registration process that is required for you to become a Member. Your membership will continue for the period of one year unless terminated earlier pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- The membership fee is payable annually in advance and no pro-rata refund is available if a Member wishes to withdraw during the course of the year.
- If a Member wishes to withdraw from membership, his or her membership information will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practicable. Upon the completion of the prescribed withdrawal procedures, his or her membership shall be cancelled.
- Details of the statutory consumer right to cancel are set out in our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods which can be found here.
Article 8 (Membership Standards)
- The material and content provided with the Service is for your personal, non-commercial use only, save where expressly provided, and you agree not for yourself or through or by way of assistance to any third party distribute or commercially exploit such material or content.
- If a Member undertakes any of the following acts, that Member shall be responsible for compensating for the damage incurred by the Company due to such act:
- (1) Obstruction of the Company’s business by accessing this webpage to alter information or by transmitting a harmful computer program onto this webpage;
- (2) An act that infringes the intellectual property rights of the Company;
- (3) An act for the purpose of the commercial use of the Service; or
Article 9 (Handling of Membership Information)
Article 10 (Provision of Information)
The Company may provide information (including advertisements) to Members through mail magazines and other means. If a Member does not wish to receive such information, it shall inform the Company in writing and the Company shall discontinue the provision of such information; however, the provision of information necessary for the operation of the Service may not be discontinued at a Member’s request.
Article 11 (Prohibited Matters)
A Member may not undertake any of the following acts in connection with his or her use of the Service:
- Violation of laws and regulations or this Agreement, matters requiring attention when using the Service, and any other terms and conditions of this Agreement, etc.;
- An act that harms the rights, interests or honor of the Company and any third party;
- An act that may have an adverse effect on the minds and bodies of young people and children or any other act that is offensive to public order and morals;
- An act that is a nuisance to other users and any other third party or that makes them feel uncomfortable;
- Provision of false information;
- Transmission or posting of a harmful computer program, e-mail, etc.;
- Illegal access to servers and other computers of the Company; or
- Any other act that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 12 (Interruption / Suspension of Service)
The Company makes no warranty that the Service will meet your requirements or that the site will be uninterrupted, secure or free from errors. The Company may, without liability to you, suspend the provision of the Service in whole or in part without prior notice at any time, including but not limited to where one of the following is applicable for maintaining the sound operation of the Service. The Company shall not be liable in any way for damage that may be incurred by Members due to such interruption or suspension of the Service nor shall the Company be liable for any disruption of the Service, loss or corruption of material when downloaded by the Member.
- If periodic or emergency system maintenance operations become necessary;
- If load concentration on its systems occurs;
- If the operation of its systems becomes difficult due to a fire, power failure, act of sabotage by a third party, etc.; or
- Under other circumstances that the Company determines as making it unavoidable for the systems to be shut down.
Article 13 (Change or Abolition of the Service)
The Company may, without liability to you, change or abolish, at its own discretion, part or all of the Service, as appropriate, without prior notice. The Company shall not be liable in any way for damage that may be incurred by Members due to such change or abolition of the Service.
Article 14 (Copyright)
- All intellectual property rights, in particular copyright in content provided to you by us on the Company’s website or in connection with membership of the Club vests in us (or is expressly licensed to us) and although you may make a copy of this content for your personal non-commercial use only provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact, you agree not to modify, reproduce, republish, upload, post, distribute or otherwise transmit or use the content provided by us in any way without our prior written consent.
- A Member may not use such information for commercial purposes, or transfer it to other persons, or post it on a webpage, etc. that can be viewed by the general public.
Article 15 (Liability)
- The Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, or for any loss of profits, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill or loss of data, that arises out of or in connection with the Services or the membership registration process, or membership of the Club.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude the Company’s liability for: (a) death or personal injury arising from the Company’s negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) breach of the terms implied be sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Good and Services Act 1982.
- Any links from our site to third party sites are not controlled by us and so the Company shall not be liable in respect of the same.
Article 16 (Revision of this Agreement)
The Company may at any time revise this Agreement at its sole discretion.
Article 17 (Prohibition of Assignment)
A Member may not transfer or sell to any third party his or her status as a Member and his or her rights and obligations hereunder without obtaining the prior written consent of the Company.
Article 18 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Article 19 (Contact Information)
- The Company is registered in England & Wales, with company registration number 08628316 and registered office address at 4 Ramsay Court, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6FY.
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, you can contact the Company by telephone on 0843 557 4062, by email on [firstname.lastname@example.org] or in writing at the registered address above.
(Note: Calls cost up to 7 pence a minute plus your phone company’s access charge.)